OUR COMMITMENT TO ONLINE PRIVACY
Here at Home Slice Studio, we like to keep things secure and consensual when it comes to online privacy. In fact, our Founder is an introvert, so privacy is a top-priority around our studio. Here’s what you should know about how we use your personal information, so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to stick around. We try to keep things hospitable and certainly hope you stay!
SERVICES THIS POLICY COVERS
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information is any information that may allow for an individual to be personally identified. For example, your name, email address, social security number, phone number, residential address, and credit card details are all considered personal information. Other information, such as your interests, economic status, customer number, IP address, geolocation, education, and job title may also be considered personal information if that information, when combined with other information, is used to reveal your identity.
PERSONAL INFORMATION HOME SLICE STUDIO COLLECTS
We only collect personal information from you when you voluntarily consent for us to collect, use, and store your information by:
- Directly providing the information to us: Sometimes we ask for specific information from you in order to effectively provide our services or help you with a specific inquiry. You may also choose to give us information on your own accord, whether that is during our tech support sessions or through our online services. Both of these are examples of when you are consenting for us to collect, use, and store your personal information. Specifically, you consent for us to use the information you have provided when you reach out to us by email or our social media accounts, use the “contact us” form on our website, fill out forms relating to the services that we’re providing you with, interact with our support or customer service teams, or comment on our social media accounts.
DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES?!
Cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser.
- Types of cookies we use: We use both session cookies, that are erased once you exit your browser, and persistent cookies, that stay on your device for a set period of time or until you manually delete them.
- Can I block cookies? Most browsers have an option to stop your computer from accepting cookies or to stop certain types of cookies from being activated. If you do decide to block cookies, our website may not operate properly, and you may not be able to access some of our online features. If it is the targeted advertising that you are mainly concerned about, you can choose to specifically opt out of targeted advertising by going to the following links:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://adssettings.google.com
Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
You can check out www.allaboutcookies.org to learn more.
WHAT ABOUT MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION?
Accepting digital payment helps keep our process convenient and quick. When we accept payments online, we never personally see your credit card information. At Home Slice Studio, we use PCI compliant third parties, Stripe to be exact, to process credit card transactions.
REASONS HOME SLICE STUDIO COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Privacy is important to us. And respecting yours is our priority here. We never collect your information for the purpose of selling, renting, trading, or abusing it. We only use your information for the following reasons:
- To personalize our online features and content;
- To fulfill or enforce a contract that you have entered into with us;
- To help you efficiently access your information;
- To improve, monitor and test our services and new products or features;
- To prevent, investigate and address the misuse of our services;
- To learn about the types of people that are using our services and how we can better market to those people;
- To allow you to contact us;
- To allow you to pay for our services;
- To allow you to participate in social sharing;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To comply with law enforcement and other regulatory authorities; and
- To communicate with you about our services and features.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER HUMANS
Although we try to limit who we share your information with, there are situations where sharing is necessary. We share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- Agents: At Home Slice Studio, we sometimes work with contractors that we’ve developed a trusting relationship with over time. Whenever a company or individual is working for us, they are acting as our agent. Sometimes our agents may need to access your personal information for a particular task, but they do not have the right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary and must comply with our privacy practices.
- Third-Party Software and Apps: We use a number of third-party software and apps to make our jobs a little easier. Some personal information may be stored, processed, or shared with these apps. Here is a list of some of the current software and apps that we are using: Gmail, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Stripe, Later, Tailwind, and WordPress.
- New Owners: Though unlikely, in the event that Home Slice Studio is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of major assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We will give you notice before there is a substantial change in our ownership and before any transfer of your personal information occurs.
- Law Enforcement: We may sometimes be required to share your personal information with law enforcement. We will only share your information when we believe, in good faith, that sharing your information is necessary to protect our business or our clients. Examples include, where a legal warrant or subpoena has been issued to us, where we must report information due to a belief that fraud or misuse of our services has occurred, or where our property or safety, or a client’s property or safety is at risk. In cases of fraud, we may also be required to share your information with investigatory authorities and banks.
- Emails you can opt out of: If you are receiving newsletters, or other promotional emails from us, it means that you consented to receive these emails either by clicking an opt-in box or by otherwise letting us know that it was all good for us to use your email address in this way. Of course, you are always free to opt out of these emails by simply clicking ‘unsubscribe.’
- Emails you will not be able to opt out of: Sometimes you won’t have the option to unsubscribe from emails that we send you. This will only happen if the email contains an important message that needs to be delivered to you. For example, we may send emails to let you know that you have an upcoming tech support session, to update you on changes to this Policy, or to confirm that a payment has been made.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION & YOUR RIGHTS
At Home Slice Studio, we understand the importance of letting go of the outdated and obsolete. That’s why we only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services. We also respect your right to request at any time for us to:
Give you access to any personal information that we have processed;
- Correct any personal information that may have been incorrectly processed;
- Delete your personal information from our storage systems;
- Transfer your personal information to another service, when technically feasible; and
- Stop using your personal information in specific ways, by withdrawing the consent you have given us.
We will always do our best to comply with your requests. However, sometimes there may be legal or contractual duties that stop us from being able to fulfill your wishes. For example, we may need to retain certain information to comply with our tax reporting obligations, or if the information is part of an active investigation, we may not be able to remove it from our systems straight away. Regardless, we will always respond to your requests and let you know the situation.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESSED & STORED
Home Slice Studio is a business that is formed and operated in the United States. As such, most of our data is stored and processed in the United States. At times, some of your information may be processed and stored overseas, but that’s only if and when we’re traveling abroad. In addition to storing information directly onto our hard drives, we also use some third-party cloud storage systems and apps to ensure that your information isn’t lost. These third parties may store and transfer your information outside of the United States.
LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE & APPS
We make sure to check out our third party’s security standards before storing, sharing, and processing your personal information with them. However, we are not liable for any breach of privacy or data security that occurs due to the fault of these third parties. We have provided links in this Policy to the software and apps that we are currently using, and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third parties.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We have physical, electronic, and managerial systems and procedures in place to help keep your information under lock and key. Unfortunately, no online system can guarantee the complete security of your personal information. Issues such as viruses or system failures may result in your personal information being compromised. You can help prevent unauthorized access to your information by using antivirus software, limiting access to your personal computer and changing your passwords from simple to complex. In the unlikely event that your personal information is compromised due to a security breach on our end, we will be sure to notify you as soon as reasonably possible.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
Our services are not directed, or intended for children under the age of 13 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under this age limit and delete this information as soon as we become aware of it. For inquiring minds the ages of 13 and 16 years, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to access our online services. Please also note that if you live outside of the United States, your country may apply stricter age limits. In some cases, even if you are older than 13, you may not be legally allowed to access our online services. Additionally, to purchase any of our services you must be over the age of 18.
CHANGES MADE TO THIS POLICY
Times change, and we change with them. We may modify this Policy as our privacy practices and the laws surrounding privacy develop. The date at the top of this Policy lets you know when this Policy was last revised. If we believe that a change we are making will materially affect the way we use your information, we will send you an email to notify you of such a change. All other minor changes made to our privacy practices will be reflected in an updated policy, and it is on you to check back here occasionally to make sure you have read our latest policy. By continuing to access or use our services after we revise our Policy, you allow us to use your information in the ways described in the updated policy.
All disputes concerning our privacy practices are to be resolved respectfully and swiftly. By using our services, you agree to use independent mediation and/or arbitration services to attempt to settle the dispute before taking the matter to a formal court. All mediation and arbitration costs will be shared between us, except for attorney fees, which each of us will pay individually.
CONTACT HOME SLICE STUDIO
Home Slice, LLC.
8665 Flat Creek Dr., Unit B
Rockford, MI 49341